Come work at Imangi Studios!
Located in Raleigh, North Carolina, Imangi Studios was one of the first companies to develop games for the App Store. We defined the genre of endless runners with the Temple Run series. We strive to create amazing experiences and love being at the forefront of innovation.
• Flexible Hours • Healthy Work-Life Balance • Central Location • Free Healthcare •
Imangi Studios is looking for an experienced Art Director to join our team. This role will be responsible for setting the creative vision for Temple Run and Temple Run 2, then reviewing all subsequent art assets for quality and continuity. This role will create rough concept art to determine art direction at all stages of the development process. Additionally, this role will help plan the milestone schedule, resource management and budget management. Finally, this role will handle any art outsourcing needs, from locating, vetting, and writing up contracts, to providing feedback, receiving files, final sign-off of assets, and approving invoices.
Duties and Essential Job Functions:
- Set the look, style, and creative vision for Temple Run and Temple Run 2 via concept art creation and subsequent asset review. Ensures that ongoing development adheres to that vision.
- Establish Temple Run brand guidelines across all mediums: games, licensed products, merchandise, logos, title treatments, and intellectual property in general.
- Along with the Art Manager: plan, manage, and coordinate all activities in the TR and TR2 Art Department.
- Ensure that project milestones and deliverables are met, by prioritizing tasks and managing workflow to address production schedules, staffing needs, and quality of work; works with Producers to monitor projects and project deliverables.
- Contribute to company strategic planning; proposes and operates within approved department or project budget.
- Present ideas and materials within the development process to executives and the leadership group in order to keep all involved departments on time, on task, and on budget.
- Identify, research, vet, and hire any outsource art needs. Manage those contractors throughout the development process.
- Represent the art team among project leadership to ensure that the art department is an equal partner in any game’s development and success.
- Approve or seek approval from Product Owner for the work carried out by team members at the end of each milestone.
- Communicate effectively with team members to ensure they are aware of current projects, the advancement of the work and project directions and inform executives of relevant information on the work team.
- Provide art and design support when needed.
- Coordinate with TR2 Product Owner and other leads to ensure consistency between vision of all art and game design.
- Work with 3rd party licensors to provide and/or approve visual assets.
- Work with the producer to define, document art asset standards, processes and pipeline, ensuring clear instruction to allow partnership with outsourcing vendors.
- Proven supervisory or management experience of an art team of varying skills and specialties.
- Excellent computer, mobile phone, and verbal/written communication skills.
- Knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite (including Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator) preferred.
- Knowledge of the Unity 3D game engine preferred.
- Ability to work in an Agile/SCRUM environment and extensive familiarity with Agile principles.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Typically requires 5+ years of experience in the video game industry, entertainment industry, or at a production house that develops 2D and 3D creative assets from scratch.
- Experience leading a team or projects.
- Positive, creative, collaborative attitude!
Imangi Studios is looking for a strong visual designer with a background in graphic design and an eye for creating a unique vision for the Temple Run game franchise. This UI/UX artist will define a cutting edge, forward-facing look and feel for the next generation of mobile games. The position requires thinking outside the box while respecting technical limitations. You may also work with data analysts and marketing teams to create assets to promote our games. Prototyping, wireframing, and optimizing are required, with overall visual development and improvement serving as the primary goal.
Duties and Essential Job Functions:
- Create high end, modern graphic visuals that function well on mobile devices.
- Deconstruct the IP and present designs that are authentic to the brand and successful to the genre.
- Collaborate with multiple departments (design, engineering, etc.) to achieve UI/UX goals and elevate quality.
- Conceptualize, previz, and implement the game UI.
- Document and disseminate procedures and style guides to engineers and the other UI artists.
- Create graphic elements (icons, buttons) that exhibit high art quality and attention to detail.
- Build and animate UI elements in-engine.
- Maintain, update, and improve upon existing products, UI/UX, and brand expansion.
- Knowledge of UI/UX industry standards and trends.
- Experience designing for mobile games or applications.
- Previous game development experience is a plus.
- Sketching/wireframing/storyboarding abilities on paper and screen.
- Strong understanding of the effective use of color and composition.
- Proven ability to communicate visually, identifying and defining visual design issues and solutions.
- Management, creation, and sharing of project style guides, pattern libraries, and asset repositories.
- 3D modeling, surfacing, and rendering skills with an understanding of lighting, shaders, and materials.
- Ability to animate 2D and 3D elements in a variety of styles.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite programs (notably Photoshop and Illustrator), Unity (NGUI), and other relevant art tools
- A desire to learn, grow, and work in an iterative design environment.
- Ability to communicate and play nice with others in a dynamic team environment.
- Passion for games, virtual worlds.
- Portfolio must illustrate strong UI and graphic design skills, and be easily available for review
Imangi Studios is looking for an experienced mid to senior-level Backend Engineer to join our team. The primary responsibilities for this position are to create and maintain scalable and secure backend systems that are capable of supporting cross-platform and cross-project services.
Duties and Essential Job Functions:
- Build scalable backend services to support multiple live game projects.
- Develop and contribute to long-term technical solutions and strategies of the engineering department.
- Leverage monitoring and reporting tools to provide quality metrics.
- Code reviewing and collaborating with other engineers.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and take full ownership and responsibility for building, shipping, and maintaining core features.
- Minimum 3-5 years professional experience creating scalable backend systems for cross platform clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science, or related field required.
- Demonstrated experience in server architecture and management.
- Containerized application development, especially using Docker.
- Database administration, both relational (e.g. Postgres) and non-relational (e.g. DynamoDB).
- RESTful API development.
- Client/server architecture, specifically for gaming (anti-cheat).
- Compliance, privacy, and security planning and implementation.
- Source control using Perforce and Git.
- Game development experience, especially mobile games and games as a service.
- Cloud backend development with AWS or Google Cloud.
- Serverless backend development.
- Familiar with Agile development process.
- C# experience a plus.
Do you want a chance to work with the team that created Temple Run? Learn about our creative process, contribute to our day to day operations, and experience what it’s like to work in the game industry. We are looking for people with a strong passion for gaming and skills applicable to creating games such as software development, art, design, music, or sound. Apply now and let us know why your skills and background would be a good fit for our team.
Serious Inquiries only.
Email us through the contact link to apply!