Come work at Imangi Studios!
Located in Raleigh, North Carolina, Imangi Studios was one of the first companies to develop games for the App Store. We defined the genre of endless runners with the Temple Run series. We strive to create amazing experiences and love being at the forefront of innovation.
• Flexible Hours • Healthy Work-Life Balance • Central Location • Free Healthcare •
Imangi Studios seeks a Monetization Specialist to join the Temple Run game development team in Raleigh, NC.
In this position, you will use your business acumen and communication skills to manage the company’s mobile advertising and in-app purchase strategies while fostering relationships with partners that provide ad technology and inventory for the wildly successful Temple Run mobile games. Your work will directly impact Imangi’s bottom line growth.
This is an excellent entry-level opportunity for a recent graduate with a desire to learn more about advertising technology, monetization, and game development while working with an enormous global player base and one of the world’s most recognizable mobile game intellectual properties.
Duties and Essential Job Functions:
- Communicate regularly with ad partners to set price floors, manage ad placements, and to optimize ad waterfall performance globally.
- Track ad revenue performance daily and work with our publishing partner to identify and address opportunities for improvement.
- Configure, start, and monitor A/B tests that optimize price floors by country.
- Track quality issues with creatives and work with Imangi’s quality assurance team to provide ad providers with log files and other requested technical information that improves that stability of ads in the Temple Run games.
- Work closely with product owners, engineers, artists, and Imangi’s management to establish and execute on monetization strategy in the Temple Run games.
- Access analytic systems regularly to report on trends for in-app purchase sales.
- Proactively work with game designers, artists, and product owners to identify opportunities for promoting existing in-app purchases and to design and deploy new offerings.
- Monitor industry news, analyze, and report on the implications of legislation (COPPA, GDPR, CCPA, etc.) that may affect Imangi’s advertising or in-app purchase strategies.
- Attend product meetings and maintain an understanding of the implications of forthcoming game design changes and product updates will impact in-game advertising and in-app purchase sales.
- Develop an understanding of paid customer acquisition and work with product owners to design, execute, and monitor acquisition campaigns.
- Research and analyze competitive games and identify industry best practices around monetization (Ads and IAP). Additionally, read and summarize industry reports for mobile game monetization trends.
- Business, economics, or related BS/BA degree
- Strong eye for business with a strategic outlook
- Demonstrable critical thinking skills that enable you to work independently and confidently while gaining the trust of a busy and dynamic game development team
- High proficiency using Excel, Google Sheets, and similar tools
- Ability to analyze complex situations and provide precise and meaningful analysis of challenges and opportunities
- Interest and willingness to learn SQL, Tableau, and other tools to augment your workflow
- Comfortable collaborating with C-level and senior members of the Product, Art, Engineering, Marketing, and Finance teams
- Must be a standout colleague who is supportive, savvy, and has a high level of emotional maturity, with a strong sense of etiquette when communicating (written and verbal) with colleagues and partners
- 1+ years of experience working with monetization strategy in software development
- Experience working in game development
- Proficiency in SQL, Python, Tableau, Google Data Studio, or similar technologies
Imangi Studios is looking for an experienced mid to senior-level Backend Engineer to join our team. The primary responsibilities for this position are to create and maintain scalable and secure backend systems that are capable of supporting cross-platform and cross-project services.
Duties and Essential Job Functions:
- Build scalable backend services to support multiple live game projects.
- Develop and contribute to long-term technical solutions and strategies of the engineering department.
- Leverage monitoring and reporting tools to provide quality metrics.
- Code reviewing and collaborating with other engineers.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and take full ownership and responsibility for building, shipping, and maintaining core features.
- Minimum 3-5 years professional experience creating scalable backend systems for cross platform clients.
- Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, computer science, or related field required.
- Demonstrated experience in server architecture and management.
- Containerized application development, especially using Docker.
- Database administration, both relational (e.g. Postgres) and non-relational (e.g. DynamoDB).
- RESTful API development.
- Client/server architecture, specifically for gaming (anti-cheat).
- Compliance, privacy, and security planning and implementation.
- Source control using Perforce and Git.
- Game development experience, especially mobile games and games as a service.
- Cloud backend development with AWS or Google Cloud.
- Serverless backend development.
- Familiar with Agile development process.
- C# experience a plus.
Do you want a chance to work with the team that created Temple Run? Learn about our creative process, contribute to our day to day operations, and experience what it’s like to work in the game industry. We are looking for people with a strong passion for gaming and skills applicable to creating games such as software development, art, design, music, or sound. Apply now and let us know why your skills and background would be a good fit for our team.
Serious Inquiries only.
Email us through the contact link to apply!